One of the most common problems faced by many is the search engine optimization issue when it comes to improving the website and its performance. SEO refers to the process through which the traffic increases to a website organically, which means free of cost. Now the problem arises, how to overcome the challenges of SEO. Bing webmaster tool has emerged with its new attribute called site scan. It is one of Bing webmaster’s audit tool which trails down to your website and checks for all technical SEO errors. This feature enhances your website’s performance, which isn’t limited to bing but on every search engine.
Now, coming to how to start the scanning process and use the site scan feature. To do so and get better results, here are the following steps which you could follow:
- Select the site scan feature of Bing Webmaster tools, and you will see the ‘Start new scan’ button.
- As soon as you click on it, you’ll find some details to fill. The details include-
- Scan name: Where you have to give a proper name to the scan.
- Scope: Scope includes options such as website, sitemap, and URL list. For that, you need to enter the URL of the homepage, or directory from where the scanning can take place. The other option is the sitemap, it helps you scan a specific sitemap, so you need to enter its URL. The third option you get is the URL list, where you list down the URL.
- Limit scan: One of the options that you get is to choose the number of pages you want to scan, you need to fill that number in the box so that the crawling takes place limited to the number specified by you. You can also see your remaining quota for this month.
- The communication: This option provides you with the benefit of having the updates about your scanning process, which directs you to your e-mail address registered with them.
- Advanced settings: The last option you get is the advance setting option to customize your scanning process. It includes subheadings such as-
- Max Scan Depth: This setting option ensures that crawling takes place within particular times of click specifically so that a lot of URL quota is not used. The crawling also stops after reaching the maximum depth limit set by you.
- Crawling speed (URLs per second): This option tells you about crawled per second according to the maximum number of pages specified by you. This advanced setting is quite a useful one; therefore, it should be present carefully because increasing the speed up to a great extent might make to lose the websites.
- URL parameters to ignore: This configuration helps to ignore URL parameters that you don’t want to go through the crawling process.URL parameters are the query path that appears after a question mark. It will help to save your quota, avoiding multiple crawling.
- Ignore Robots.txt: This advanced setting configuration helps to create a diversion in the scanning for the Robot.txt directives so that crawling takes place without any restrictions.
- As soon as you fill out all the details, click on the START SCAN option. At the right-hand side corner of the page, the crawling of your website will start according to the customizations you made, which is ultimately a step towards enhancing your website performance.
VISUALIZING THE SCAN REPORT
After having the scanning process done, you will get multiple details about the SEO issues in your website found through crawling that includes:-
- The status of your scan: It shows whether the scanning is complete or not.
- Total pages scanned: The number of pages that have gone through the crawling process.
- Errors: The total number of technical SEO errors on your website.
- Warnings: The total number of warnings present.
- Issues details: It will include the list of issues present in your website with full details, including the type, i.e., whether it is a warning or an error and the total number of pages affected by it.
The scanned report shows a detailed analysis of the following things:-
- Errors: These are the issues that need quick improvement. They are the most severe problems which the website is facing because of which may be the performance of the website is deteriorating. The resolution of these issues should be a priority.
- Warnings: The issues categorized under a warning are not that severe. They are moderate and therefore have less impact on the SEO of the website. But they also need resolution before they affect the website severely.
- Notices: As the name suggests, they are the issues that have a low impact on SEO but are noticeable, and they need improvement after tackling the errors and warnings on the website.
SUPERVISING MULTIPLE SCANNING
After getting the scanned report, you can make changes to your website and analyze the difference that it creates on your website. You can also perform multiple scanning after you get your desired. You can also benefit from a glance over your previously scanned report, which is available on your Site Scan home page. Bing Webmaster Tools has come up with the best feature, so what are you waiting, make full use of it.