The rubber mats on the floor of your car are by far the dirtiest because all the dirt from the outside sticks to the shoes and then get deposited on the car mats. If you do not know how to clean the carpets or if you do not have the necessary equipment, it would be best if you search for professional car cleaning services to clean the vehicle. You can also read through this blog to learn more about how you can clean and maintain the rubber car mats yourself.
What you will need?
Before you get down to actually cleaning your car mats, you need to make sure you have all the necessary equipment. Here’s a list of the things you will need to clean your car mat:
- A high-powered household vacuum that can clean deep crevices.
- High-pressure garden hose with an adjustable nozzle for spraying.
- Handheld utility brush with a comfortable grip to remove tough stains.
- A medium-sized plastic bucket that holds around 18 to 20 litres of water.
- Mild dish soap or a carpet cleaning liquid without too many chemicals.
- Optional: A scoop of baking soda to add to the soap-and-water mixture.
These are the most basic cleaning equipment you will need to clear the rubber mats in your car. However, if you find that the carpets are very dirty or if you do not have the necessary equipment, you can book a car wash at the doorstep service to get your car cleaned at home.
Steps to Clean Rubber Car Mats
Once you manage to get a hold of all the required cleaning equipment mentioned above, you can get started on the floor mats. Here’s a quick look at the steps you can follow to clean out the dirt from your rubber car mats:
- Spray the Mats: Once you remove the mats from your car, you can lay them out on a flat surface and then run the vacuum cleaner over them. You can also vacuum the car floor under the mats to remove any loose dirt. Once you are done vacuuming, you can set the nozzle on a jet stream setting and spray the mats with the high-pressure hose.
- Scrub with Soap: Pour out some of the cleaning liquid into a bucket of water and gently mix it. Soak the soft-bristle cleaning brush in the water for some time and then scrub the mats. Make sure you pay close attention to the tough stains in all the grooves. You can pour some water directly onto the mat and then scrub it again if required. In case you have trouble removing the stains, you can look for car cleaning services in your area to get the mats cleaned.
- Rinse the Mats: Once you are done scrubbing the mats, you can use the high-pressure garden hose to rinse away the soap and dirt from both sides. It would be a good idea to leave the mats out to dry for a while before you put them back into your car. If you do not have time to clean and dry the mats by yourself, you can book a car wash at home service to get a professional cleaning crew to come to your house to finish the job.