Magento is an e-commerce platform which uses open source technology and is for businesses that have services or products that they want to sell online. Magento is one of the most-used e-commerce platforms in the world. Magento development covers a huge range of skills and tasks, from installing and configuring your Magento store to building Magento themes and developing custom features for your website.
WHAT DOES A MAGENTO DEVELOPER DO?
Magento developers are website developers who are skilled with working on Magento Platform. Magento developers can be divided into two categories:
- Front-end developers: Front-end developers have to do with the way a website looks, its user-friendliness and how responsive it is on different devices. They build themes according to the client requirements and preferences that work around these factors. The objective is to build an attention-getting website which works seamlessly on all devices.
- Back-end developers: Back-end developers build features for the website either by using existing Magento extensions or by bespoke code. They work on making new modules for associations with ERP, OMS, invoicing, stock, pricing or any other web based business related stuff you can consider.
When it comes to listing the typical tasks of a Magento developers, here are the ones they do as a part of the projects:
- Installing and configuring of Magento to create e-commerce websites.
- Building Magento themes on the basis of the designs required by the clients.
- Installation, configuration, and testing of payment gateways.
- Configuration of stores for supporting multi-currency and multi-lingual set ups.
- Integration with third-party systems and applications such as customer relationship management (CRM) software, accountancy software, etc.
- Performing audits of Magento websites to determine gaps from the perspectives of speed, security, and search engine optimization
- Optimization of the loading speed and loading time of the websites.
- Installing requisite security patches to ensure that the websites are fully secure.
- Providing maintenance and support services to ensure seamless running and troubleshoot issues when required.
CHARACTERISTICS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN HIRING A PROFESSIONAL MAGENTO DEVELOPER
Technical and Innovative Knowledge:
Apart from technical knowledge, it is also very important for them to know what’s trending and what’s not. They should keep up with the latest updates and versions. The developer should be able to migrate, update, integrate third-party APIs and maintain the websites.
Relative Experience: When hiring a Magento developer, check their past work and portfolio to know if they’ve done any work that’s similar to your requirements. If they have, they’ll know how to develop your website and will be able to keep in minds all the points that you’ve missed.
Follows Best Practices: Make sure you hire a Magenta developer who follows the best Magento practices as it will be easy to update your website in the future and these new extensions and customizations will work as well. Otherwise, it will turn out to be a disadvantage in the long run.