Purthu Beach is an artificial beach on the bank of River Ravi on the border of two states of India- Jammu & Kashmir and Punjab. This huge lake is formed by the construction of Ranjit Sagar Dam and has been accorded of being the highest gravity dam on the continent. Basoli mini goa isin Kathua district in Jammu and Kashmir and is the largest hydroelectric project in Punjab.
This tourist attraction is known as Purthu The Mini Goa on the lakeside in Kathua district of Jammu & Kashmir state. Tourists are attracted by the weather here and Atal Setu Basohli Bridge. You can find various entertainments here such as motor boat rides and other sports. Tourists specially come here to spend evenings with their family and friends.
Specialty of Purthu Mini Goa
It is called Mini Goa because of the landscapes that closely resembles with the beaches of Goa. You can find palm trees on the periphery of the enclosed ground and will be surrounded by fresh blue water from three sides. The fresh blue water waves of Purthu beach produce soothing musical notes and help a lot in calming your mind. The lush green fields enhance the beauty of the beach.
The place is now chosen for pre-wedding shoots too. Tourists who come here to spend the nights, the local people arrange small tents, tea and snacks for them; they can also do cooking here.
How to reach Purthu The Mini Goa
One can easily reach Purthu The Mini Goa; as the nearest airport is the Jammu airport which is about 78 kilometers from the Kathua district that takes 1 hour 30 minutes of travel time. One has to cross Atal Setu; it connects Punjab with J&K.
By rail route Basohli is only 32 kilometers away and the closest railway station is Kathua Railway Station at Gobindsar. Kathua is connected to Jammu and thus it is easily accessible through Udhampur. You can also find private J&K Tourism buses and taxis to Kathua from national highway 1A.
Mini Goa Pathankot is 12 km off Pathankot – Jalandhar highway. If you are at Dalhousie, Dharmshala then you have to take a 12 km diversion to visit this beautiful place.
Additional Read : Best Battery Saving App for Android
Places to Visit Nearby
- Basohli Bridge ( Atal Setu Bridge ): It is a 593-meter long cable bridge and is first of its kind in North India and fourth of its kind in the nation.
- Kali Mata Temple: The temple is located on an island formed at backwaters you can take a ferry ride to visit this temple.
- Local Market: The local market Basohli is known for Pahari School of paintings.
- Mukteshwar Mahadev Temple: 5500 years old caves that are believed to have been built by pandavas during their exile.
- Basohli Fort: It is built on the top of the hill and gives you a glimpse of the ancient town, from an open watchtower of the fort.
- Ranjit Sagar Dam Lake: The Ranjit Sagar Dam lake is located in a very serene location. It is at a drive-able distance from Pathankot and the drive is also very enjoyable.
Purthu Mini Goa
Mini Goa in Punjab has attracted a lot of tourists in a short span of time and has become one of the most visited and favorite spots of Jammuites. Mini Goa Basoli is a dream destination for many for its natural beauty, Purthu Lake and mesmerizing views.
Here tourists can enjoy walks in the local area, or take excursions by boats. This place is finally set to get a major boost as the state administration is planning to develop some leisure water sports at the tourist spot. If you ever get a chance to visit mini Goa in India, you will immediately fell in love with lush green pastures and pristine blue water of the lake.